The ideal way to enjoy a good and filling supper without spending hours in the kitchen is with this delectable slow cooker lemon garlic chicken recipe. A tasty and succulent chicken dish that is overflowing with citrusy goodness may be enjoyed by just tossing a few items into your slow cooker, letting it work its magic, and then enjoying. This recipe is quick, simple, and ideal for hectic weeknights or leisurely weekend evenings because it only requires 10 minutes of prep work and only takes 4 and a half hours to cook. Serve it with a side of your preferred vegetables, and you’ll have a hearty, filling supper that will make your taste senses sing.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hrs 30 min
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb) Juice and grated peel from
- 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup juice and 1 teaspoon peel)
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic (from 8-oz jar)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken stock or broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker; sprinkle with grated lemon peel, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Pour chicken stock over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; place on plate, and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cornstarch, lemon juice and cream until well blended. Stir into liquid in cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.