A side dish for any dinner, these delectable Roasted Garlic Mushrooms are a must-try. This dish is certain to please mushroom fans everywhere with its warm and savory combination of garlic, thyme, and lemon. Before being roasted to perfection in the oven, the mushrooms are first lightly sautéed in oil, then covered with a garlic butter mixture. Any dinner party or special occasion will benefit from this straightforward recipe’s flavorful simplicity and ease of preparation. So why not give it a shot and flavor your next meal with something savory?
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.
This recipe for Roasted Garlic Mushrooms is a tasty and simple side dish that will wow at any dinner party or special event. The mushrooms are oven-roasted to perfection while the flavors of garlic, thyme, and lemon are warm and flavorful. Try this recipe to give your next dish a dash of spice and sophistication.